These virtually-instant 40-second microwave yoghurt cheesecakes are soft, creamy and the filling uses just two ingredients!
Are you ready to have your mind blown? The recipe for these 40-second microwave yoghurt cheesecakes is so easy I almost don’t need to write it down. This is going to be one of those recipes that you will always remember because you’re going to make it so many times! Are you ready? 1 litre of double cream yoghurt and 1 tin of condensed milk. That’s it, guys! Whisk it together and microwave it for 40 seconds and you have a cheesecake that’s soft, creamy and luscious. It’s absolutely crazy and to be honest, shouldn’t really work when it comes to the science of baking but who cares about science when it tastes so good?
Now, you can’t have a luscious creamy cheesecake without a crunchy base to go with it. I’ve used my latest biscuit obsession as the crust – the new BAKERS Good Morning™ Breakfast Biscuits. They have a lovely crunch to them that remains even after the quick burst in the microwave. I’m not really a breakfast person and admit to skipping breakfast on most days but give me a biscuit? Now, that’s a breakfast I’ll eat! I keep a stash of these on my desk or in the kitchen so I can munch on them in between emails, shoots, recipe testing and general life chaos.
I’ve used the fruity Peach & Apricot flavour here and matched it with stewed apricots as a topping but the BAKERS Good Morning™ Breakfast Biscuits Berry flavour would also be so yum with frozen berries on top of the cheesecake too. But hey, I’m open to other flavour suggestions too! I’m just loving how you’re all sending me pictures of the recipes you make from The Kate Tin – so please keep them coming and I’d absolutely love to see you trying this recipe out. It’s so easy even the kids can make it – without burning the kitchen down!
- 200g BAKERS Good Morning™ Peach & Apricot Breakfast Biscuits, crushed plus extra for serving
- 50g salted butter or margarine, melted
- 1 litre plain double cream yoghurt
- 1 x 387g tin condensed milk
- juice and the finely grated zest of 1 small lemon
- Stewed apricots, passionfruit, raspberries and extra biscuits to decorate
- Grease 4-6 microwave-safe coffee cups or glasses.
- Combine the crushed biscuits and butter and press into the bottom of each cup or glass.
- In a large bowl, mix together the yoghurt and condensed milk with the lemon juice and zest and pour into the mugs.
- Microwave on full power for 40 seconds or until set - the cheesecakes should jiggle slightly.
- Allow to cool completely then top with stewed apricots, passionfruit, raspberries and extra crumbled biscuits.
- If you want to unmould the cheesecakes, simply refrigerate for 3-4 hours before turning them out