Think chocolate hazelnut spread stuffed shortbread, but better!
Chocolate Hazelnut Tcharek
- 400g cake flour
- 200g salted butter, softened
- 60g ground hazelnuts
- 30ml icing sugar
- 50ml orange blossom water
- 20ml water
For the stuffing
- 90g chocolate hazelnut spread
- 200g ground hazelnuts
- 25g sugar
- 10g butter, softened
- 15ml orange blossom water
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, gas mark 4. Line 2 x standard baking sheets with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, butter, ground hazelnuts and icing sugar. Rub together until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add the orange blossom water gradually with the tips of the fingers to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 30g balls, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the stuffing, mix all the ingredients together. Divide into balls 12g each. Shape each into a sausage about 3cm long.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll each out to 5mm thick into an oval shape. Place the filling in the centre and fold the dough around it so it completely covers the filling. Shape into crescents. Arrange on a lined baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until just turning golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Make the syrup by mixing the water, orange blossom and sugar together. Dip each tcharek into the syrup and then coat in the icing sugar. Dust with gold dust, if desired.
The Kate Tin https://thekatetin.com/