These crispy little numbers are quick to throw together, seriously moreish and have just enough quinoa in them to make them convincing as a ‘healthy’ snack!
Honey and Quinoa Crisps
- 45g (80ml) icing sugar, sifted
- 15g (15ml) butter
- 1 tbsp (15ml) honey
- 2 tsp (10ml) water
- 65g (80ml) quinoa
- 15g (25ml) cake flour, sifted
- 50g The Kate Tin Dark Baking Chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (160 degrees fan-forced).
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place the icing sugar, butter, honey and water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil then cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the quinoa and flour. Allow to cool slightly.
- Roll 1/2 tablespoonfuls into balls and place on a lined baking sheet, leaving enough space for spreading.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until flat and golden brown. Allow to cool
- before removing from the baking sheet.
- Spread melted chocolate on the back of each biscuit then make waves using a fork.
- Allow to set completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- TIP: The quinoa can be swopped out for sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or finely
- chopped almonds.
The Kate Tin https://thekatetin.com/