Move over, French Toast, there’s a new breakfast in town! Brioche slices are topped with ripe strawberries and a vanilla scented almond frangipane before being baked until toasty.
Strawberry and Almond Bostock
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
90g softened unsalted butter
1½ tsp pure almond extract (optional)
75g (180ml) almond flour
2 tsp cake flour
1 tsp cornflour
4 stale brioche slices (2.5cm thick)
120g flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the vanilla, sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and stir in the flour and cornflour. Set aside.
- Arrange the brioche in a single layer on a lined baking tray and spread 2 tbsp almond mixture over,
- Slice the strawberries and divide between the bread slices and top with sliced almonds.
- Bake for approx. 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 m minutes before deserving.
sounds like lots of fun