If you’ve never heard of Nice Cream before, prepare to have your mind blown with these Berry Nice Cream Sandwiches
These Berry Nice Cream Sandwiches are perfect if you’re so over smoothies and want a change, OR they’re a great healthy snack for the kids – especially since school holidays are around the corner. Nice Cream is a one-ingredient, healthy ice cream that has taken the internet by storm. Frozen banana is the only ingredient and you whizz it up in a food processor or blender and it becomes thick, creamy and a really delicious (sort-of) substitute for the real deal. While I’m definitely not saying it replaces proper ice cream (nothing does!), it makes a way more acceptable breakfast!
This recipe goes a step further and becomes Berry Nice Cream Sandwiches – almost like a frozen smoothie but way more exciting and it totally feels like a treat! I’ve loaded these Nice Cream Sandwiches up with frozen berries and then sandwiched them between the new berry flavoured BAKERS Good Morning™ Breakfast Biscuits which are loaded with oats, barley, wheat, rye and mixed berry pieces. The biscuits stay nice and crunchy, even when frozen so you can keep a load of these in the freezer and grab them as you leave the house in the morning. Imagine your kids faces when you give them an ice cream sandwich for breakfast? Who’s getting the Best Mom Ever award? YOU ARE!
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled and cut into 2cm rounds
- 30ml (2 tbsp) milk
- 200g mixed frozen berries, plus extra for sprinkling
- 60g (1/4 cup) natural plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 12 BAKERS Good Morning™ Mixed Berries Breakfast Biscuits
- Fresh berries, to garnish
- Place the banana slices on a tray and allow to freeze overnight.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the bananas, milk, frozen berries, yoghurt and honey and blend until smooth.
- Spread half the nice ice cream evenly into a 15 x 15cm square cake tin or plastic container. Sprinkle the extra frozen berries over, top with the remaining ice cream mixture and freeze overnight until firm.
- When ready to serve, unmould the ice cream slab and arrange the biscuits on top of the ice cream. Using a hot knife, slice the ice cream using the biscuits as a guide. Sandwich the ice cream between two biscuits and serve immediately.
- The ice cream sandwiches can be kept in the fridge, in a ziplock bag for up to 1 month.